Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Episode #3
powered by podcast garden
Welcome to episode number three of Nail Newscast!
In this week's episode I (Tia) am hosting solo while Courtney is taking the week off to move. I think we all know how stressful that can be! This episode is much shorter as I just wanted to mention a few new collections, answer a couple listener questions, and I interviewed Erin from Ice Polish! Not quite as fun when I don't have my other half! ;D
Keep submitting those questions for us, we love them.
Don't forget, you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Stuff mentioned:
OPI Peanuts Collection
OPI DS Titanium and DS Tourmaline
Sinful Shine "Shining Bright off the Runway"
Reverie Fall polishes
Ice Polish one-offs
Lucky 13 Lacquer Labrinth collection
WingDust (new shades and one-offs)
Above the Curve Harry Potter collection
Vapid Lacquer - 30% off polishes in the "Bye Bye" section and 10% off with "FBHAPPIES10"
Marbles for Polish - 15% off $15 with "ROOM7"
Colores de Carol - Free shipping (in the US) with code "SHIPPINGFREE" or 10% off international orders with code "INTL10"
xo,
Tia & Courtney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tia, you are a rockstar! Since the listener questions are my favourite segment as well, I am going to answer them as I listen to the episode. :)
ReplyDelete1. Glitter removal technique? Sometimes I will use Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter-a-Peel which works wonders but only lasts a day or two on me (ie. the polish pops right off my nail). Otherwise, I find the combo of small bits of cotton ball soaked in Zoya Remove and felt to be a miracle worker. Apply the small bits of cotton to your nails for 30ish seconds and then remove using felt squares. (Thanks Ashley, of Emerald & Ash for introducing this trick to me.)
2. Swatching polish with top coat or without? Generally, yes, I always use top coat. The exceptions are polishes that dry super glossy on their own and this is a feature I want to hi-light, or matte polish.
I so missed chatting with you these last two weeks!